Friday, June 8, 2012

American Girl

Chambray: J. Crew; Skirt: ASOS; Belt: Gifted (Michael Kors);
Shoes: Steve Madden; Bangles: Alexis Bittar, Juicy Couture, Nordstrom









Not only does this outfit scream 4th of July, it also screams apple pie and flags flying high. I thought this skirt might be a little much prior to ordering it on ASOS. It sat in my 'Save for Later' shopping cart for weeks . . . then I just bit the bullet and purchased it because let's be honest, every girl needs some ridiculously flashy piece that reminds her of the days of old . . . like when flared midi skirts were all the rage and a chambray shirt meant you were going to work outside among the hay bales and milk cows. Okay- I might have gotten a bit stereotypical there but seriously, that's what this outfit says to me. Plus, the skirt is quite fun to twirl in . . . and a girl is never too old for twirling :)

I'm pulling a short day at work since I'm flying back to Cali this weekend to watch Bum graduate from RT school. I'm so proud :) Very much looking forward to cocktailing and sunshine sitting . . . be sure to follow along on Instagram! Do you have any fab weekend plans? XO

No comments:

Post a Comment