Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Monte's Mexican Shrimp Cocktail


Last month when I was home for another super-quick-trip to Cali, our friend Monte brought over Mexican Shrimp Cocktail as an appetizer before dinner. I had never had it before and upon tasting it, I easily devoured 3-4 bowls worth. Though you could eat it like a soup, I opted to just use a big 'ol fork to spearhead the shrimp and drag it through the fresh goodies in the broth like avocado, red onion, and cilantro for the perfect bite. I immediately asked Monte for the recipe and last night, I finally made it! It is super easy but requires a bit of time due to the "chill factor" of 1-2 hours. Enjoy!

What You'll Need:
  • 2 lbs cooked shrimp, peeled and devined
  • 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
  • 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
  • 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
  • 1 1/2 cups tomato and clam juice cocktail "Clamato"
  • 1/4 cup ketchup
  • 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
  • 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
  • prepared horseradish to taste (I recommend using 1 tablespoon)
  • salt to taste
  • 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
Mix all ingredients together.  Cover and refrigerate for 1 -2 hours

Fresh is best!


ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment