Monday, May 2, 2011

Bibbity Boppity Boo!

Last Wednesday, N and I were sadly torn away from the beloved palm trees and scrumptious sun that consumes my home state of beautious California. It was total bliss being home and always makes me say, "WHYYYY did I move to Seattle?!" when I leave it. But then N always responds with, "because then you wouldn't have met me," and I can't help but smile and think of how wonderous Seattle is in the summertime (and how fantastic my boyfriend is). At least I have the luxury of returning home whenever I want. Needless to say, N and I had THE BEST time on our little vacay and though the first 4 days home were fun-filled and hectic, the last 3 that we spent in Palm Desert were slow and relaxing.

Unfortunately, I was unable to sport my adorable little hot hot pink shorts at Disneyland because there were looming clouds over Pasadena when we awoke. And I couldn't really wear my Toms either because I was nervous about getting blisters since I wore them all day at work the day before. Hence, my sister and I went boho chic instead. See photo below- we are in front of the Matterhorn and guess what? My sis (aka: bum) and I both discovered that ever since we were little we have ALWAYS closed our eyes during that ride because we HATE, HATE, HATE the abominable snowman with the scary red eyes and horrific scream. Seriously- he gives me the creeps, so anytime we were inside the mountain, I just shut my eyes because you never know when he appears and the ride goes too fast for you to anticipate it. Except Bum accidentally SAW him this time! And she was so bummed that she didn't shut her eyes so we bought her a churro and then went on the Teacups where N spun as around so fast that we could do nothing but laugh our heads off.
Bum: sunglasses- Ray Ban, shirt- Free People, jeans- Hollister, sandals- Rainbow, purse- B. Makowsky
Me: sunglasses- Ray Ban, shirt- Free People, jeans- 7 for All Mankind, sandals- Dolce Vita, purse- Junior Drake , bracelet- Alexis Bittar

However, as we headed south toward Anaheim, the clouds opened up and God shone sun upon us ALL day at the Happiest Place on Earth . . . and why shouldn't He? You can't really have happy without sun NO sun at Disneyland. Anyway, N loved it and we went on all the rides and even got to cut all the lines because Mama Bigley has been a cripple lately due to her recent knee surgery so my Dad got to push her around in a wheelchair all day. Mama Bigley took one for the team! Here are N and I in front of my future home the amazingly pink Sleeping Beauty Castle:

Magical, no? I wish I was back there right now ::sigh:: Anyway, I did try to wear my "Disneyland outfit" when N and I went golfing in Palm Desert but I was scolded by the woman who worked at the Clubhouse because she said they were "too short" and that she would "get calls from the other country club members" because of it. Well poo on you lady! So I had to trudge alllll the way back to N's house (which was fine because their home is located within the country club itself) and change into a to-the-knee white skirt, that didn't really go with my Toms, but it was the only "appropriate" thing I had. And then N and I played 9 holes and he hit a few houses (even though he is actually really good, but just hasn't played in a while so he's rusty) and I hit my ball into the water a few times, and then spent about 10 tries getting it into each hole. Thankfully we had beer, so that made the experience a bit more enjoyable. But I really am not that good at golf- it's hard. N and I decided that we are going to do this type of trip every year. We will fly to my house in Pasadena and stay there for Easter festivities, then rent a car and drive to his place in Palm Desert for a few days- it works out swimmingly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment