Monday, August 29, 2011

Stupid Girl

This afternoon I used my lunch break to get my nails done at the nail salon located a few blocks from my office. I treated myself to a mani-pedi and while indulging in the punches of the back massager in the spa chair I suddenly overheard a 20-something-girl scolding the young asian woman who was tending to her cuticles. My ears perked up for a good eavesdrop (she was located directly across from me . . . wasn't that hard.):

Stupid Girl: No. I don't want them square. Do you see this hand? It needs to match the other one.
Manicurist: confused mumbling
Stupid Girl: No, I don't want them round either. I want them square but with rounded edges.

Like WTF. Are you serious? Square but round? Puh-lease. It doesn't end there either . . . a few moments later she started with the following:

Stupid Girl: Yeah, I really like Essie nail color. I think it's so weird that like all over Seattle nobody carries Essie.
Manicurist: indecipherable mumbling
Stupid Girl: Well, in New York they like only carry Essie but here in Seattle everyone mostly carries OPI. I like Essie nail color better . . . I think Essie has young colors and OPI has more like old-lady colors.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Stupid girl- can you please just take your ugly nails and fake Pucci dress out of this nail salon?! Rude, rude, rude. I thought to myself, Wow- no wonder everyone thinks Americans are so damn stupid . . . we have bitches like these walking around! I walked away with superb nails however . . . and mine wasn't OPI or Essie . . . it was China Glaze and it's my new fave color!


PS: Aren't these shoes fantastic?! They are
SO comfy and make me feel like I'm wearing pointe shoes
all day because of all the straps :)

No comments:

Post a Comment