Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Spanglish App

You guys. I have the BEST. IDEA. EVER. I want to create a Spanglish app! I was so excited when I came up with the idea that I texted my mom and Bum about it. Then Bum texted back, "haha nice Bum . . . but what would it do?" and so I told her: people would type whatever English sentence they wanted into the app, then press a convert button/something really clever like a jumping bean . . . and then VOILA! It would be converted to Spanglish and when you read it aloud it would make you laugh. My BFF, L, cracked me up with a few of these a week ago and I almost peed my pants. SERIOUSLY. Please read the following:

Shoulder: My fren wanted to become a citizen but she didn't know how to read so I shoulder.

Herpes: Me and my fren ordered pizza . . . I got my piece and she got herpes.

Texas: My fren always texas me when I'm not home wondering where I'm at!


July: Ju told me ju were going to the store and July to me! Julyer!! (baaahahaha! that one's my favorite)

Juarez: One day my gramma slapped me and I said, "juarez your problem?"
Chicken: I was going to go to the store with my wife but chicken go herself.
Wheelchair: We only have one enchilada left, but don't worry wheelchair.

This is how my family speaks in their Spanglish moments. You see the hilarity in it I hope. If you know anyone who is a techie (preferably of Hispanic origin because, as Bum mentioned, we would want the person to understand what we are trying to accomplish with the app) let me know . . . I really wanna get this thing off the ground JU KNOW?!

No comments:

Post a Comment