Thursday, June 30, 2011

Wax On, Wax Off

Last weekend I was back home in Cali (I know what you're thinking because N said the same thing . . . again?!). So yes, AGAIN. Because my family is extremely tight-knit and God forbid we do anything without each other. So, I took the plane from what is slowly becoming my second residence SeaTac and jetted home late Friday night after work and a quick HH with N. Upon waking Saturday morning to sunshine and chirping birdies, I quickly dressed in order to run a few errands (ie: Coffee Bean! Coffee Bean! Coffee Bean!) prior to my counsin's graduation party (aka: Reason for the Quick Jaunt to Cali).

Don't ask me why, but I only go to one place to get my eyebrows waxed. And it's not because its super fancy and smells all pretty. No, it is a relatively generic Asian nail salon in the cul de sac of a Pavillions (aka: grocery store for those Non-Californians out there) strip mall. I've been going there since high school and they always do a good job (not too thin, nicely shaped, and minimal tweezing). I refuse to try anywhere else for fear of annihilation of my brows. Anyway, it never ceases to amaze me that while the woman above you is breathing all over your face and shining an incredibly bright light in your eyes, that she asks, "you want lip too?" while mid-wax. I mean, really woman. Not only are you implying that I have a mustache (EW!), but you're saying that any type of hair that may appear near my upper lip and is practically invisible is in need of waxing, therefore causing a cascade of issues- including: 1. If you were to wax my upper lip- the hair would inevitably grow back quicker and darker; 2. I would appear as though I had a bad allergic reaction on my face due to the redness my upper-lip region would incur as a result of the hot liquid and harsh removal process; 3. I would feel incredibly insecure (and we all know how unattractive that is); 4. I would have to maintain that upper-lip region more often than I care to; 5. I DON'T HAVE A MUSTACHE SO WHY WOULD MY UPPER-LIP NEED WAXING?!

Ugh- annoying. So my response to the woman was a curt, "No." And that was that. So now I am reading a book with the most obnoxious book cover I have ever seen (I can't take credit because it's from Mama Biggs) with my perfectly sculpted brows.
'Poor Little Bitch Girl' by Jackie Collins

P.S. I think I'm going to have to remove the cover of the book when I take it to Cd'A this weekend. We are staying with N's family at their lake cabin, and they might judge me for reading such trash. Plus, I hardly want to be the one to teach N's adorable little niece the word "bitch."

No comments:

Post a Comment