Friday, June 1, 2012

Traveling Pants

Chambray: Forever21; Tank: J. Crew; Toothpick Denim: J. Crew; Boat Shoes: Sperry; 
Fedora: Urban Outfitters; Necklace: J. Crew; Bangles: Alexis Bittar, Tiffany&Co.











Trench: Ann Taylor


I think this pair of toothpick jeans should be called my traveling pants. I wear them quite frequently on days when I'm going to be sitting on an airplane. They're so much more fun than normal denim . . . I really need to invest in another pair- I have my eye on the coral ones. 

Anyway, today is the day I get to fly home to my family- wahooo! My sister told me last night that we have to swim through a muddy lake for part of the Mud Run . . . yikes. Looks like I won't be wearing this cute outfit anymore! I am getting together with BFF L for a delightful breakfast tomorrow and then will be spending the rest of the afternoon and evening at my home in the mountains drinking wine on the deck, playing games with the fam, and creating a strawberry shortcake from scratch with Bum. Then Sunday we'll be up and at 'em early since the race begins at 9 a.m. and we have to drive all the way down to Camp Pendleton. If you want to see what I'm going up against (with absolutely NO training), take a looksie at the course map! Oh, and to cap it off, here is an explanation of what I can expect:

  "The Mud Run is a challenging 10K run with hills, tire obstacles, river crossings, two 5-foot walls with mud on both sides, tunnel crawl, slippery hill climb, and the final 30-foot mud pit."
- World Famous Mud Run Website

I'm going to die. I just am.

1 comment: