Thursday, January 10, 2013

Shades of Grey

Tank: J. Crew {old}; Skirt: Francesca's {old}; Tights: Unknown;
Blazer: NastyGal; Boots: Miz Mooz {old}; Bangles: Ocean Leather, gifted, thrifted;
Aviators: Ray-Ban; Necklace: StellaDot












 






Good title for a blog post . . . BAD title for a book series. Sorry I'm not sorry if you liked those books but I thought they were horrendous. Extremely poor writing skills, slow-moving story lines, and sex-fantasies-of-a-50-something-year-old-woman-every-page-and-a-half aren't really my thing. However, because I am a firm believer in finishing what you started, I completed the series. It was painful to get through at the end. I felt the same way about the Twilight series (again, sorry I'm not sorry) . . . which I should have never read in the first place, but it's what happens when you receive the two first books as a Christmas gift. Let's let shades continue to be descriptions of colors rather than sex scenes, shall we?

2 comments:

  1. Yay...I feel the same way. I hated the writing so much I couldn't get through them. I am 10 pages into the second one and have not picked it up since the summer. Yuck. I didn't finish Twilight either. But I did love Hunger Games...did you read those?

    Love the skirt, by the way!

    xo, jill
    Classy with a Kick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jill- I LOVED the Hunger Games! Haha. I liked those books way more than I thought I would :) Thanks for the compliment too! xo

      Delete