Friday, May 25, 2012

Bejeweled and Bedazzled

Blouse: J. Crew; Denim: 7 For All Mankind; Flats: Kelsi Dagger;
Belt: Unknown; Earrings: J. Crew; Necklace: J. Crew; 
Bangles: Nordstrom, Forever21, Alexis Bittar







Lots of jewels happening today. I am so in love with these flats. My mom bought them for me for Christmas last year and they are pure bedazzled perfection. This is probably one of my most favorite go-to outfits. I wore something resembling this last Friday for date night with N.

Last night Jubie and I watched 'Breaking Dawn: Part I' (or as my dad refers to it, "Breaking Wind") of the Twilight series. Now before you get all crazy on me, I have to provide a disclaimer to the effect that I am not an obsessive Twi-hard. I didn't even want to read the books. But then I was given the first two books for Christmas like 3 years ago and I was poor and didn't want to spend money on new books (this was pre-Kindle) so I started reading the damn things. I actually liked the first and the third ones best. The other two were just kind of redundant and lame. And I really did NOT enjoy reading about Bella's demon-child pregnancy (SO. GROSS.), or Jacob "imprinting" on Bella's newborn 2-hours-old infant. 

Either way, I have watched the movies (in the comfort of my own home, where scoffing is allowed) because I was intrigued how the books would be interpreted on screen. I kind of equate the movies to 7th Heaven (omg . . . remember that show?! am I getting old??) . . . where everyone just gives brooding looks to one another a lot or stares off into the distance thinking about their fates/futures. ***Disclaimer: this might be turning into a Twilight rant . . . Edward is ugly (in the book he's supposedly this superhuman, gorgeous, sparkling man and all we got was a milky-white Englishman with a creepy smile); Bella is whiny; And why does Sam have a Darth Vader voice? Way too ominous sounding; If Jacob keeps scowling like that I think his face will be left that way forever; Renesme is a really really horrific name!; and the werewolves scared Jubelale . . . I mean, he stayed in my lap and everything but was very alert and then would turn to look at me with his huge black pupils like, "Mommyyyy what are those things and are they going to eat me?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment