Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Hits Close to Home

E, J, L circa 2008


I was going to do a plain old fashion blog post today but then something MUCH more important came up. Normally I don't read the blogs I follow until after I post my own post-of-the-day,. There is no rhyme or reason for it. It's just what I do. However this morning for some weird, unknown reason, I decided to read first . . . beginning with The Daybook. And I very quickly understood why I was moved to read first then post (God sometimes works in not-so-mysterious-ways). 

Today's post was to be about something other than fashion, nailpolish, and first-world-girl-problems . . . it's about the fight of a couple whom I have no connection to whatsoever, with the exception of the fact that Geri and Jason are dealing with something that is very near and dear to my heart. See, Mr. J up there in the middle of that photo has Cystic Fibrosis . . . and so does Jason. Jason is currently in line to receive a double lung transplant since his lungs have deteriorated to the point that he needs one as soon as possible. This can cost over 1 million dollars. If you feel so inclined, please consider donating to this adorable red-headed couple who is also in the midst of dealing with in vitro (!!!). At the very least, send your thoughts and prayers because this is very scary s*** . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment