Monday, August 13, 2012

Summer Patchwork

Top: Gifted (Three Dots); Dress worn as Skirt: Forever 21; Belt: Unknown;
Shoes: Dolce Vita; Bangles: Alexis Bittar, Ocean Leather, F21, Nordstrom









This outfit kind of reminds me of a milkmaid . . . but I thought that would be an awkward title for a blog post so I just went with the patchwork theme instead. I bought this dress ages ago (read: 5+ years ago) and it was on full, consistent rotation that summer. I was obsessed. Since then, I really haven't gotten much wear out of it and it has been moved in and out of "potential yard sale item" bins quite a bit. However, this morning, a spark of genius hit me (on a Monday, no less!) and it turns out that this summer frock can easily be transformed into a skirt. I dig it.

Did you all have lovely weekends?! I sure did. The Dolce Vita VIP Sample Sale event on Friday was AHHHH-MAZING! I scored 3 clothing items and 3 pairs of shoes for a grand total of $130. If you follow me on Instagram, you got some great peeks at a few of the items. The shoes I'm wearing today (aka: above) were a purchase from that event. I'll write a full review/post of the event tomorrow, including photos of all the items :) Since it was blissfully warm here again this weekend, N and I spent a majority of Saturday afternoon at the market, lying in the grass and chatting while indulging in our favorite pastries and fro-yo. We went to a BBQ that evening and then to a friend's birthday party at a local bar that had a ridiculously good DJ. Some serious dancing ensued. Sunday was spent with a lazy brunch, laundry, and watching N play baseball at the park while I tried to get a mean tan. Hope your weekend was fab! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment