Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A Sparkling Surprise

I pulled off a most fantastic trick this past weekend! As you know, my BFF L is getting maaaaaarried next October. As her MOH, I am priding myself on being available for every little wedding tidbit there is. So last Saturday, L had her very first wedding dress shopping appointments. I had long been plotting to tell L that I would not be able to make it for her first shopping trip due to expensive flights and conflicts with work. Well, that is exactly what I did!

I coordinated with her mom to surprise L at the first facy schmancy appointment she had. I woke up at 4:30 a.m. on Saturday to catch a direct flight home to Cali. Then Bum picked me up and we waited at our old high school Starbucks for the store to call me to tell me that L had arrived. As soon as she went to go try on her first dress, Bum dropped me off so that just as L was standing in a wedding dress for the first time EVER, I was there to surprise her :) Sadly, we weren't allowed to take pictures. Otherwise you would be seeing me hugging L while she stood on a pedestal in an enormous feathery/chiffon gown. She cried, her mom cried, all the sales people were enthralled. It was pretty great. The rest of the day was glorious. After L's first appointment we went to The Luggage Room for lunch and cocktails:

 If you must know . . . Sunglasses: Versace, Jacket: Burberry
Bag: LV, Top: F21, Jeans: Seven for All Mankind;
Flats: Kelsi Dagger

Cocktailing at The Luggage Room

Then we went to Vroman's and looked at what ended up being hundreds of mostly hideous wedding invitations. After that we all needed to unwind so we went to a wine bar and had a glass before L's second appointment:

Mama Bistany, Me, and L!

You were allowed to take pictures at the second place but I am not going to share them here because it's in violation of the Bride-MOH-Camera-Code ;)

1 comment: