Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pins & Stripes

Blouse: F21; Belt: Nordstrom; Skirt: Francesca's;
Tights: Gifted (F21); Boots: Miz Mooz

Necklace: Francesca's; Assorted Bangles: Juicy Couture, Alexis Bittar,
Nordstrom, F21

  Jubelale needed one last goodbye as I was on my way out the door . . .


Like most 20-somethings, I have become completely addicted to Pinterest. I spend more time on that damn website than I do Facebook. I might actually leave Facebook when they force my profile into Timeline . . . it's getting to be too confusing and too much. Oh well, that's a story for another day. SO, while browsing through pins the other day, I came across something that gave me pause and then pulled the "Ew" face while simultaneously texting G the following:

Me: "Someone on Pinterest has a board called 'Breastfeeding. I seriously want to vomit. Why does the pinning world need to see baby suck nipple?! ICK"
G: "I just laughed out loud so hard. LOLOLOL"

I mean, really people. I get the whole "breastfeeding is beautiful thing," (scratch that, I don't get it but I'll pretend to) but it's probably only beautiful if you are the one doing it. In the privacy of your own home. Without a camera. And without sharing it with the entire world. I also don't enjoy the fact that people have started using Pinterest like Facebook, posting photos of their family members and friends . . . who is going to share that or re-pin it? Save it for the social network peeps!   
 
Sorry for the brief rant. I have a midterm tonight and have been uber stressed over other homework assignments coming up, not to mention that little thing called the Bahamas that is calling my name . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment