Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Tickled Pink + The Liebster Blog Award

Top: Sunny Leigh; Skirt: Forever 21; Shoes: Zara; Headband: J. Crew;
Sunnies: Versace; Clutch: Hobo; Bangles: Nordstrom, F21, Ocean Leather






I'm not just tickled pink because I'm wearing the color today . . . I'm TOTALLY tickled pink over the fact that Ms. Jill over at Classy With A Kick has nominated me for the Liebster Award! After reading about what this award represents, I am very honored to receive it and hope to continue doing it justice well into my blogging future. Thanks to Jill for the nomination!


 "... The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The meaning: 'Liebster' is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome. "

 
 Without further ado, I will answer the questions from Jill as a result of the Liebster . . .

1. Why did you start your blog? If I'm being completely honest, I started this blog more as a diary of sorts after having been inspired by my friend G, who had the most hilarious blog ever. Sadly, G has since removed her blog because she is now a teacher . . . and you can't really have stories of you on the web about the time you were drunk and eating other people's pizza while barefoot in San Fran when you're teaching 5 year olds). If you want more details on my story, you can read them here.
2. What are your favorite type of posts? Having recently transitioned this blog into a more fashion-focused one, my favorite posts are the outfit ones. If I have the opportunity to relay an awesome story along with a fab outfit then those posts are always an A+ in my book!

3. Why do you choose to follow a blog? I follow a blog if I connect with that individual's style and personality. I find that it's pretty easy to tell what a person is like based on writing style and clothing choice. My favorite types of blogs are those that incorporate fashion with personalization. If I'm looking at your outfits everyday, I want the opportunity to know who you are as a person. Adding tidbits about your life is a great way to spruce up any type of blog post.

4. What does "fashion" mean to you?
Fashion means taking risks. My family will tell you that I am the most fashion and clothing obsessed in our family (with a dangerous shopping addiction), which means that a lot of the time I put outfits together with no guidance from others. Since my roommate joined the Peace Corps 2 years ago, and my family is all in CA, I now live alone (which I love, but it's not super helpful when you need advice on an outfit). Unfortunately, my cat doesn't always respond when I ask him what his take is on an outfit (I guess catnip is more exciting?). As a result, I take a lot of risks sometimes in putting outfits together, but I enjoy the challenge and seeing my personal style evolve through the process.
5. What is the #1 way you gain followers?
Instagram
6. Can you name 3 clothing items you could not live without?
No.2 J. Crew pencil skirts, cable knit tights from Banana Republic, and 7 For All Mankind Roxanne Skinny Denims in white.
7. Which blogger do you consider your biggest inspiration?
Blair from Atlantic Pacific
8. If you could only shop in one store for the rest of your life, what would it be?
J. Crew
9. Heels or flats?
The answer will ALWAYS be heels!
10. What is your biggest blogging challenge?
Coming up with fresh outfit ideas for posts that are both fun and functional and that will also inspire my readers.
11. What is your favorite social media channel and why? Instagram. I have always loved photography and one of my favorite things has become sharing my photos on Instagram to swap and share ideas with my followers!

No comments:

Post a Comment