Friday, March 30, 2012

Frappo Friday

Blouse: NastyGal; Skinnies: 7 For All Mankind; Shoes: Aldo;
Bangle: Alexis Bittar

 Lips: RubyWoo by MAC; Bag: LV

 
Peek inside my bag

I suck at braiding hair. Look at how awful that looks. Yikes. 

Anyway, I'll keep it short and sweet since I am swamped at work today. I'm hoping for sunshine this weekend, however I'll be happy either way because N and I have a date night planned for tomorrow night, which includes sushi at Umi and then THE HUNGER GAMES! I even went and bought our movie tickets today . . . just in case it happened to get sold out. I am so excited! Two of my other fave bloggers are doing the exact same thing with their boyfriends this weekend too- must be a blogger thing ;)

Also, today is special not only because it's Friday but because Daddy Biggs turns the BIG 5-0 today! The title of this post is a dedication to him because when my sister and I were in high school, he would always take us to Starbucks on Fridays before he dropped us off. Back then, we were hella (omg. did I just say that?!) into caramel frappuccinos and hence 'Frappo Friday' was born. Even when I was 16 and started driving myself and my sister to school, my dad would follow us to Starbucks in his own car and we would all get lattes (as you get older you learn what calories are and then become concerned about consuming half your daily intake via a caramel frappo before 8 a.m.) and breakfast snacks and sit and chat before going our separate ways for the day. Aww, the good ol' days.

Mama Bigley took Dad away on a surprise trip to Santa Barbara for the weekend- they're so romantical. So here's to the man who doesn't look a day over 35, still snowboards and water skis like a champ, and is the most fun to drink dark beer with. Thanks for bailing your eldest daughter out of countless financial crises, being the shoulder on which she could cry her eyes out, and for endless love and support which is constantly felt.
 LOVE YOU DADDY!
Truly don't know what I'd do without ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment