Thursday, March 29, 2012

When Skies Are Grey . . .

Tank: Gifted (LOFT); Sweater: Express: Skirt: J. Crew; 
Tights: Banana Republic; Boots: Miz Mooz; Opal Necklace: Gifted;
Ring: TiffanyandCo; Headband: Gifted (Nordstrom Rack)


 

Scarf: Purchased in Scotland; Coat: Ann Taylor


 What's that one saying? "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em?" Well, I have decided to take a cue from the Seattle grey skies and join them by dressing like the gray and ominous weather they are. Last night I ridiculously walked home from hot yoga (in Tory Burch flats, Juicy sweatpants, and a Columbia track jacket) in a West Coast monsoon of sorts. It was insane. 

Funny thing, the other day I accidentally ate my lunch backwards . . . and it's all the MandMs fault! They were sitting on my desk looking so delectable that I had to rip into them before lunch. Well, then I ended up wanting something salty so I ate goldfish crackers. Then I had applesauce. And finally, I ate turkey and cheese . . . Aaaaaaaand now I'm realizing how much my lunch resembles that of a 5-year-old's. OMG. Well, that's embarrassing.

One time, N and I actually had snack packs for lunch. Occasionally I'll make N and I homemade lunches so we can eat together during the week and not have to spend $10-$15 on eating out everyday. So one time I asked N if he was okay with applesauce in his lunch and he laughed at me and said, "what are you, 5?! But yes, I'll have applesauce. Can we have snack packs too (ha. ha.)?" So the next time I surprised him by putting snack packs in our lunches. We were just a couple of twenty-somethings kids sharing a snack pack. Quite adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment