Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pink + Orange

Top: Collective Concepts; Blazer: The Limited; Skinnies: Hudson;
Shoes: Zara; Bag: Kate Spade; Ring: JewelMint; Bracelet: Juicy Couture;
Necklace: Francesca's; Nails: Penelope by Julep


 Pops of pink and glimpses of gold . . .


 Bundled for braving the cold!
Pashmina: Purchased in Scotland; Coat: Gap

So yeah . . . I kinda liked it. Hot yoga, that is. I will admit that I was minorly alarmed when I walked into the studio to find peoples' mats only inches apart from one another, the lights significantly dimmed, and candles (?!?!) lining the outer edges of the room. Like open flame in a yoga studio?! What if I fall face first while doing eagle pose (or whatever that one is called where you balance on one leg) and end up permanently burned from a horrific yoga accident?! 

Ok, so thankfully that didn't happen. However, I definitely was surprised with how well I did considering I haven't stretched in months and danced in years (sad face). I was able to retain my balance quite well while still engaging my core under very intense heat. I don't even want to know how hot it got in there because I would probably faint from just hearing the number. I was literally swimming in my own sweat. Not sure I've ever seen my kneecaps sweat before but believe me, they do! Also, when you think you can't sweat anymore, you do, and the sweat just keeps piling on top of itself until all that you can really do is just shake your head so the sweat doesn't fall into your eyes and blur your vision.

The instructor was very good and went fast enough where I wasn't bored or in too much pain at any one point. So if you're in the Seattle area, I suggest you visit Urban Yoga Spa. OR, you can read and follow my blog and I'll bring you in as my friend for a free trial (wink::wink::). Because I'm going to sign up now and make 2 days of my week consist of this:

    Water Bottle: Unknown; Gym bag: Nike via Nordstrom; 
Align Yoga Mat: Lululemon; Necessary Post-Yoga Sustenance: Clif Mojo Bar

Happy Hump Day from
Pretty in Pink!

No comments:

Post a Comment